Maru phalaris, Timothy
- Drought resistant and very persistent when established.
- Vigorous growth in autumn, winter and spring.
- Large leaves supported by a deep penetrating root system.
- May cause phalaris staggers if sown as a sole species – best used as a component in a pasture mix.
- Provides a high quality, palatable grass in a pasture mix.
- Late to start growth in spring but maintains quality even in the seed head stage.
- More suited to moist heavy soils, or pastures under irrigation.
- Small/medium leaf size and densely tillered.