- Bumpa offers high relative yields in good conditions. It performs at its best under high inputs but is also well suited to lower inputs in early sown dryland conditions.
- Bumpa easily produces acceptable grading figures with a good test weight, high seed size and low screenings.
- Seed size is high and it has good tillering ability. We recommend medium to high feed barley sowing rates.
- Bumpa is suited to a two-fungicide approach.
- It is favoured for marginal barley growing areas, as a robust, dependable cultivar.
- Bumpa threshes easy.
(as indicated by FAR Cultivar Evaluation 2017/2018)