- Fiji produces exceptional sprouting yields, consistently yielding 40-50% more than the best-performing pea sprout variety in New Zealand. Fiji reduces sprout growers’ production costs by as much as 30%.
- Exceptional vigour.
- Fiji has tendrils in addition to the sprout leaves. This increases the “green, leafy” appearance of the sprout and provides more “pea” taste.
- The tendrils interlock, providing structural support to the crop and preventing sprout collapse and spoilage.
- Even germination and uniform height, making it suitable for mechanical sprout harvesting.
- Fiji peas are robust, with good resistance to downy mildew and powdery mildew. Because peas are held above the ground, diseases caused by rain splash (e.g. septoria pisi) are avoided. As a result, pea diseases are less easily transferred to the sprouting tray.
- More palatable as sprouts with 20-30% less fibre.
Talk to a Luisetti Seeds Agronomist