- Good tillering variety but high sowing rates will maximise yield potential.
- Standard fungicide practices will ensure high yields.
- Good, solid, block-like heads with large grains.
- At flowering, Ruapuna is a non-waxy, bright green colour and this distinguishes it from other feed wheats.
- Suitable for both dryland and irrigated areas.
- Excellent resistance to both seedling and adult stripe rust. Good tolerance to powdery mildew and fusarium head blight. Will require some protection from septoria leaf blotch and leaf rust in high pressure seasons.
(as indicated by FAR Cultivar Evaluation 2017/2018)
Talk to a Luisetti Seeds Agronomist