- Venus is a new Lucerne cultivar bred in South Australia for grazing in dryland situations. It has exceptional long-term persistence and productivity.
- Venus is a densely-branched cultivar with low-lying spreading crowns, 25% larger than most other semi-dormant cultivars. This contributes to its excellent persistence.
- It provides good ground cover and is very well-suited to grazing.
- Dormancy rating of 5 (1 = fully winter-dormant and 10 = winter-active). Moderate to low level of winter production.
- Highly resistant to Spotted Alfalfa Aphid. Moderate resistance to Blue-Green Aphid and Phytophthora Root Rot.
- Can be grown on its own or with other species, and can be utilised several times during the year by grazing or cut-and-carry harvesting.
Silage or hay
Talk to a Luisetti Seeds Agronomist