- Viceroy has a very good yield – 5 to 10% above Saracen. It is capable of up to 11 t/ha when autumn sown and irrigated.
- Apply Nitrogen early to maximise yield potential.
- Straw is taller with good strength. Use PGR’s where yields over 10 t/ha are anticipated.
- We recommend medium to high sowing rates, at minimum 120 kg/ha.
- Viceroy has moderate protein, good initial falling numbers, and high sprout resistance. It has medium grain size, good test weight, and moderate screenings.
- Viceroy is a premium wheat for some buyers.
(as indicated by FAR Cultivar Evaluation 2017/2018)
Very good – 5 to 10% above Saracen. Capable of 11 t/ha autumn sown and irrigated.
Early to medium.
Premium Milling Wheat
Talk to a Luisetti Seeds Agronomist