- Takahē™ is the first New Zealand bred lucerne variety to be commercially released for over 15 years.
- It has been bred for superior shoot density, and grows excellent quality forage with improved leaf:stem ratios compared to overseas varieties sold in NZ.
- Ideally Takahē™ should be rotationally grazed or harvested at 4 to 6-week intervals. Recovers rapidly.
- Similar total dry matter production to current market varieties, but improved persistence and quality characteristics.
- Dormancy rating of 4 (1 = fully winter dormant and 10 = winter-active). Moderate to low level of winter production but good spring, and excellent summer and autumn growth.
Silage or hay
Talk to a Luisetti Seeds Agronomist