- Withstands cold conditions very well. Ideally suited for multi-grazing during winter in pastoral systems in New Zealand’s cool regions – especially in the south, inland and at high altitudes.
- Silage can be made from Maimai® ryecorn if the crop is taken through the spring.
- Bred specifically for winter forage production.
- Maimai® grows and develops faster than Rahu, and it has a taller, more erect growth habit with a more open canopy and larger leaves.
- Larger seed size. Sow at a higher seeding rate. Establishes vigorously.
- Produces at least 10% higher total forage yield than Rahu.