- This pasture is free of clover and ryegrass and has been designed as a low protein, high fibre perennial pasture mix suitable for the grazing of horses. High-quality blend of perennial grasses, including:
- Prairie Grass (for autumn/winter/spring growth)
- Brome and Tall Fescue (for spring/summer/autumn growth)
- Yorkshire Fog
- Sow in early autumn or spring, at the recommended rate of 35 kg per ha. Sow at a depth of approximately 15mm. This seed mix is also suitable for spray/drill method of establishment. Rotational grazing will greatly assist pasture persistence.
- For rapid establishment, sow in a firm, fine and moist seedbed, free of weeds. Fertilise with nitrogen, phosphate and potash (e.g. Cropmaster).
- Use a top dressing of superphosphate or Cropmaster six months after sowing and each subsequent year.
Talk to a Luisetti Seeds Agronomist