- Shoot emergence length for Duchess will be shorter than most wheat cultivars, so take care not to sow too deep. We recommend 3-4 cm.\
- Apply Nitrogen early to maximise yield potential.
- High initial falling numbers and good resistance to sprouting with medium to good shedding resistance.
- The grain is held tightly within the glume so expect more whiteheads at harvest than other cultivars.
- Adjust header for best thrashing results.
- Yields 5 to 10% above Conquest. Capable of 11 t/ha autumn sown and irrigated.
- Good tolerance to seedling and adult stripe rust, mildew and septoria leaf blotch. Medium tolerance to BYDV. Susceptible to leaf rust. Autumn sown crops require three fungicide applications.
(as indicated by FAR Cultivar Evaluation 2017/2018)
Very good – 5 to 10% above Conquest. Capable of 11 t/ha autumn sown and irrigated.
Premium Milling Wheat
Talk to a Luisetti Seeds Agronomist